After School Fruit-Forward Snacks
Updated: Sep 29, 2021
Three recipes with 3 ingredients!
After school snacks must be quick to make and tasty (healthy, too!). Fruit satisfies most everyone's sweet tooth while offering some great nutrition. Here are 3 easy snacks for you and your kids to try that offer a full fruit serving per person and other nutritious ingredients. Please let me know which one is your favorite!
Strawberry-Banana Licuado (makes 2, 10-ounce servings)
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 small, ripe banana
1 cup milk
1. In a blender, combine fruit and milk.
2. Blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
3. If smoothie consistency desired, add 1 cup ice cubes and blend until frothy. Enjoy!
No-Bake Peach Crisp (makes 2)
2 fresh peaches
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup granola
1. Peel the peaches and cut each into 8 slices. Place fruit into 2 small bowls.
2. Spoon yogurt mixture over peaches.
3. Top with granola. Enjoy!
Nutty Dipped Apple Slices (serves 2)
2 whole apples, cored and sliced into 8 slices each
½ cup nut-butter or sun-butter or soy-butter
½ cup raisins
1. Spread nut butter on half of each apple slice.
2. Place at 4-6 raisins on each slice.
3. Set finished slices on a plate. Enjoy!