Lynn Dugan- MyPlate2Yours
This is the salad that can bring fresh summer taste all year long! Flat leaf parsley with cucumbers, tomatoes, mint and green onions will bring you the flavors of warmer weather even into the winter. Make sure to check the bulgur label before purchasing to ensure it doesn't require cooking, This recipe hydrates fine bulgur without any heat... just fresh lemon juice and olive oil. YUM!
This recipe was featured recently in a segment I did on WGNtv Midday News, Lunchbreak. Check out the segment here!
Fresh Tabouli Salad (serves 4)
¼ cup fine bulgur wheat
2 firm Roma tomatoes, finely chopped (place in colander to drain)
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
2 green onions, green and white portions, finely chopped
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
3 sprigs fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, more if desired
2-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more if desired
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice until well combined. Add bulgur to the dressing and soak for 15 minutes, until wheat is soft and plump.
2. Combine chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, parsley, and mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour the bulgur and dressing over vegetables. Toss to combine.
4. Adjust seasonings, lemon juice and olive oil, if needed.
5. Chill in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (up to 1 day). Enjoy!