Lynn Dugan- MyPlate2Yours
Just writing about this recipe makes me excited to make it again! The classic combination of lemon and garlic with spinach and artichoke brings great flavors to this delicious shrimp pasta. It's quick to make and when portioned onto dinner plates and served, disappears just as quickly! YUM!
A note about pasta: I'm a self-proclaimed pasta snob and I have struggled with the flavor and mouthfeel of many whole grain pastas. My favorite pasta is made with a mix of semolina flour and legume flour. This combo gives a great mouthfeel and flavor as well an increase in the protein and fiber content for each serving. Barilla Protein+ is my choice for pasta!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Artichokes, serves 4
1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, shelled and deveined
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1, 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters or eighths
6 ounces fresh spinach (5 big handfuls!)
1 small lemon, zest and juice
1 pound angel hair pasta
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fill large pot with water and place on high heat to boil for pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté garlic and parsley for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add shrimp and stir fry until shrimp begins to turn opaque.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, artichokes and spinach and heat until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
5. Cook pasta according to package and drain. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
6. Add cooked pasta to shrimp skillet. Add lemon zest and juice and ¼ cup pasta water.
7. Combine with tongs. Add parmesan and mix to incorporate. Add remaining water for desired consistency and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!