Updated: Sep 11, 2020
It isn’t a surprise that we use a dairy term every time we want others to smile… “CHEESE!”. Today, I want to make you smile as I share my 10 reasons to love dairy.
Love dairy for its taste:
1. Dairy is a great ‘grab and go’ food. Simply grab a cheese stick, a glass of milk or a container of your favorite yogurt. In our busy lives, this makes getting the nutrition we need super easy!
2. Creamy yogurt is in my diet daily. I enjoy pairing it with fruit or granola, or enjoy it plain. Everyday!
3. Milk is yummy in my morning coffee or oatmeal and I use it to dip my graham crackers when I snack.
4. Cheese adds a perfect addition to any sandwich, salad, pasta, taco, appetizer and egg dish.
5. Dairy is a key ingredient in many of my favorite recipes including Roasted Asparagus with Yogurt Ranch Dressing, Cheddar Chicken and Potato Packets, Creamy Avocado Soup, and Cottage Cheese Pancakes.
Love dairy for its source:
6. It takes less than 48 hours for fresh milk to get from the farm to the grocer’s dairy case…now that’s farm to table!
7. Milk is produced by farmers who care about their animals and their land. I have had the unique privilege to meet many dairy farmers in the Midwest and I am awed by their commitment to produce safe, wholesome milk.
Love dairy for its nutrition:
8. Dairy has a unique nutritional profile with 9 essential nutrients including calcium, potassium and vitamin D.
9. Delicious chocolate milk has just the right balance of carbohydrates and proteins for muscle recovery and makes a fantastic post workout drink.
Celebrate milk because it is one of a kind: it is often imitated but it’s hard to duplicate with its taste, source, and nutritional profile. The reasons to love dairy don’t end here. Check out more from Midwest Dairy Council and SMILE!