Easy Chicken Street Tacos
Perfect for summer meals! This plate of deliciousness truly happens without much effort. In just 30 minutes, your chicken breasts are gently simmered in chicken broth. Then, they are shredded and seasoned with spices from authentic street tacos. Garnished with any of your favorite toppings like cheese, avocado, tomatoes, salsa, and/or cilantro...you'll have a delicious meal ready to enjoy!
Easy Chicken Street Tacos (serves 6)
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 quart chicken broth
2 tablespoons oil
1-1/2 teaspoons each: ground cumin and chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon each: ground pepper and dried oregano
1 lime, halved
½ cup shredded cheese
Optional garnish: sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, salsa, cilantro
12 corn or whole grain tortillas, warmed
1. Place chicken in a saucepan. Cover with broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for up to 30 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
2. Remove chicken to a plate and shred with forks.
3. Sprinkle herbs and spices onto chicken and lightly toss to distribute spices.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet. Place chicken in pan and cook for 3 minutes until spices are fragrant.
5. Remove pan from heat. Squeeze fresh lime juice over chicken.
6. Distribute chicken onto tortillas. Top with cheese, avocado, tomatoes, salsa, and/or cilantro. Enjoy!