This delicious family recipe has been in my private collection for years. Just recently, I published it in my new book, Not Your Mama's Kitchen. I do not know why it took me so long to share the deliciousness with YOU! Not only can it be ready in 10 minutes but it's flavor lacks nothing. I always keep a few cans of clams in my pantry for this very reason. Enjoy!
Linguini and Clams (serves 4)
3 cans clams, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup parsley
1 pound linguini or spaghetti, cooked according to directions
1/3 cup grated romano or parmesan
(optional) 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic to lightly brown.
2. Add pepper, salt, parsley and liquid from clams. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add clams. Add spinach, if using. Heat 1 minute and add cheese.
4. Place half of cooked pasta in serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta. Add more pasta until preferred proportion of sauce and pasta is achieved.
5. Season with additional salt, pepper and cheese as desired. Enjoy!